COVID-19 Guidelines & Best Practices for Our Members
Updated: January 7, 2021
The health & safety of our members & staff is of utmost importance to us. Below are some of the guidelines we are following to keep you safe. Please take a moment to review:
We have established maximum occupancy limitations in order to ensure that we are able to maintain the appropriate social distancing. We require members doing intense physical activity to maintain a minimum of 9’ between each client within the floorspace. Please be sure to respect these boundaries.
In our fitness studio, the space has been divided up for proper physical distancing into individual workout stations. The necessary equipment for each workout area is set up in advance by our staff and it is easily accessible within your designated workspace. Should you require any other equipment that is not available in your workout area, please notify a staff member upon check in or when booking your appointment and we will do our best to accommodate you if at all possible.
Waiting areas will be closed during this time and members are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled time or, to wait outside the facility until their class time or until their hour in the gym has begun. A maximum of 90-minutes during peak times & 60-minutes during quieter times has been set in order to allow the most members to make use of the facility safely.
Our class sizes have been limited to no more than 12 participants plus an instructor in the studio at any one time. This will ensure a safe physical distancing measure of 8 feet between members. We have set up stations of equipment in each area for your use. After each class, members will be asked to sanitize their equipment with the cleaning supplies provided in their own station & leave their equipment by the door to be further sanitized by staff.
All members who enter the facility will be asked to review the screening questions based on the Provincial guidelines prior to entering the facility. We encourage you to ask yourself the following questions before you leave your home (if your response to any is “yes” we ask that you do not visit the facility):
- Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
- Have you travelled outside the province in the last 14 days?
- Upon arrival, please wait outside the main entrance and maintain proper physical distancing. If you arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled timeslot, we ask that you wait in your car.
- A face mask must be worn when entering the building & should be worn at all times unless performing intense physical activity & proper physical distancing can be maintained.
- Members will be asked to enter through the main door & scan in at the front desk using your membership fob.
- Outdoor shoes are to be removed before proceeding into the facility.
- Hands should be sanitized or washed in the main lobby washroom with warm soapy water.
- Keep your belongings with you & bring them to the side door if you will using the gym or, the end door if you will be attending class as you will be exiting via these doors after your class or gym time.
- Staff will be required to wear masks at all times except when teaching classes.
- Hand washing with soap and warm water or sanitizing will be required for all staff between every class or customer interaction.
- Spacing between people in the facility should be at least 6 feet at all times.
- Appropriate markings have been placed on the floor for where you should stand to wait to enter
class or the gym area.
- Masks are to be worn in all common areas.
- Designated sections have been laid out to meet the proper social distancing requirements.
- We will ensure that while teaching classes, our staff maintains an adequate amount of social distancing from members and ensure each member understands the requirement to stay within their designated workout space.
- Equipment has been spaced as much as possible & we ask that members respect proper physical distancing when working out in the gym.
- When using cardio equipment, ensure you do not get on a piece of cardio equipment directly beside another member unless they are part of your household bubble.
All retail will only be handled by staff wearing disposable gloves or with proper hand sanitizing. We will not allow for any foods to be brought in or consumed in the building at this time.
Guidelines are posted throughout the facility using appropriate signage. Please be sure to take the time to review all signage and direct any questions you may have to a member of our team.
We will maintain a regular schedule for disinfection for all equipment, surfaces and washrooms throughout the day.
During each workout session, you will be expected to thoroughly wipe down and disinfect each piece of equipment as you use it. Super setting & using multiple pieces of equipment at once is not permitted at this time. Individual towels and spray bottles are provided upon arrival. When your workout is complete, please ensure you deposit your spray bottle & towel at the exit doors in the baskets provided.
We discourage the exchange of cash if at all possible. If it is unavoidable, be sure to wash & sanitize your hands well after each transaction. The use of credit/debit transactions, e-transfers or online purchases is preferred.
- Locker rooms are limited to one member at a time & we ask that you store your belongings in the lockers at the exit door after changing. The individual washrooms are accessible for members & can also be used for changing.
- Appointments are required for use of the gym area as well as for group fitness classes. Drop ins will not be available at this time. Bookings can be made using our online booking system.
- The health & safety of our members & team is of utmost importance & we will be strictly enforcing all procedures as outlined & all members will be expected to follow them.
We thank you for your cooperation & understanding as we move into this new phase of operation. We welcome any feedback & suggestions you might have on how we can make your experience with us more comfortable.
– The Lifestyles Team