By Jennifer Gendron, PTS/FIS

Well daily seems to have turned in to weekly with my blog and almost as bad with workouts!  Life has been a little hectic over the last week with continued anniversary celebrations, some volunteer work, sick staff, a sick computer and now a sick me! 
With such a busy week, I have not have not had time to experiment with any new recipes but have done quite well sticking to my eat clean plan for the most part.  Friday night was a bit of an exception as we celebrated another birthday in the family – my mom’s.  We celebrated with a girls’ night of dinner and a movie.  Dinner was at Vito’s and I managed to make a relatively healthy choice as they offer several Simply for Life choices on the menu.  I sampled their vitolio on whole wheat pasta which was full of spinach, mushrooms and more – delicious! The dessert is where I went off track with a good sized piece of birthday cake – a little cheat time!  A cheat is not a bad thing once in a while.  I use – and encourage my clients to use – the 80/20 rule.  This means following a healthy diet and lifestyle 80 percent of the to time and allowing yourself the other 20 percent to enjoy things that are treats for you.  As long as you make good choices and stick to the 80/20 percent rule, it gives you the chance to enjoy a treat without feeling guilty.
The weekend remained busy with our Anniversary Open House but it was well worth it – I thoroughly enjoyed celebrating with our wonderful members and their guests!  Hard to believe we have been on William Bell for five years now and in business for eight.  So blessed to get to come to work every day and do what I love surrounded by amazing people.  I managed to squeeze in a run on the treadmill at the end of the day before heading home so a bit of cardio checked off the list!
Sunday was a volunteer day with an afternoon at the Home Show promoting organ donation for the Canadian Transplant Association. I have tried to slow down a bit over the last year with volunteer projects but I have held on to a few and this one is very near and dear to my heart as my oldest son underwent a double lung transplant six and a half years ago and has had an amazing second chance at life.
Monday was a storm day so no class and a big catch up day for paperwork after letting that slide the week before during celebrations!  Despite the storm, the rink stayed open so our hockey was a go and with only a few players being able to come out, we ended up having a mother-son hockey night and I got a chance to pay with my boys.  Love being able to get a great workout doing something I thoroughly enjoy and having my boys come out and join me was awesome!
Having staff members out sick meant a busy rest of the week but I was able to get in another Zumba workout with my friends on Tuesday night – I had forgotten just how much fun this workout can be – it is so easy to lose yourself in the music and have a good time while getting a great workout!
Yesterday, it was my turn to come down with the cold so I had to lay low and skip my evening class but I was able to get through my sculpt class this morning and another round of Zumba tonight but I have to say, I am really looking forward to the holiday weekend and not having to set my alarm for the morning!  We have our last hockey tourney of the season coming up starting tomorrow afternoon so need to rest up to be ready to hit the ice.  With Easter coming, there are bound to be lots of treats around so need to find a way to stick to the plan – 80/20 rule it is!!

Posted in Uncategorized.